Monday, March 7, 2011

Home.... has several meanings now ~

Last weekend Andrew & I went to Boone for a day getaway, and it was perfect. Even though it rained and it was foggy, it was still perfect. While living in Boone I learned to love rain, snow and fog. Some people in school at App didn't enjoy it and always complained however I find it romantic. I always felt like the snow in Boone was God's way of slowing life down. When it snows up there people still go to work, and school, but there is a slower tempo. It kinda of feels the same way with rain and fog.


It always gave us a good excuse to bake cupcakes, drink cocoa and eat fresh homemade soup. I miss Boone so much. About 1/2 way through college a lot of things changed in my life and I took a few months to focus on me. I realized that Boone had not only become home to me but it had also changed who I was. Everything just made sense when I lived there. Last fall as we decided to make a career change we visited the idea of moving "home." We applied for jobs up there and even found a rental. But it never worked out. A part of me still wonders what if, and how it would be if we lived there. Maybe one day we'll find out.... but until then I'm pretty happy with my 2 guys living here at Lake Norman and we vow to visit at a least once a month. All of Andrew's high school friends still live there and I've become close with several of his friend's wives and even some of his old classmates. So any excuse possible to go "home" ~ We do!!










1 comment: