Friday, March 18, 2011

~ I'm on a Bloggin Roll.... Sumertime Faves ~

While the house is quiet I want to post this fun blog I've been thinking about doing.....

Summertime will be here before you know it. And with the warm weather comes even more reasons to celebrate and entertain! Here are a few of my favorite SummerTime treats.

Raw Veggies, Pita Chips & Lemon Hummus
This is perfect for an afternoon snack, or a get together. I have a preference when it comes to hummus. Sometimes people can go overboard with garlic in it, but I love the flavor of Sabra's Lemon Hummus. It's oh so yummy & perfect paired with Trader Joe's Pita Chips or raw veggies.

  


Each year I get into a salad craze around May. This year it started a little early. I made this salad last week and I get excited every time I think of making it. It was so yummy! Red & Green leaf lettuce, fresh spinach, grapes, feta cheese, sliced almonds & a raspberry vinaigrette.... Delish! Also, a few strawberry slices or fresh deli turkey on the side is also good ~




And last but not least.....
Watermelon Salad

We always have fresh mint growing at the bottom of our staircase. So once I've had my fill of mint tea, or mint juleps! I move on to a yummy watermelon salad. I usually like the simple version with feta cheese and fresh mint. However I have had it with onions and black olives also. If you're creating it for an appetizer try the small cubes in the picture below. Perfect for any get together!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment