Friday, December 31, 2010

That's a wrap!

Wow, that flew by!
2010 has been a year of many joys for me.

Christmas was so much fun this year, however exhausting. Never again will we do our Christmas, Andrew's Mom's lunch then dinner at my parents all in one day. It's just too much.... really too much food! But it was a wonderful Christmas. On Christmas Eve I had the chance to reminisce with 2 of my favorite high school girls. It was so much fun being back with them and chatting over coffee. There was so much to catch up on that I know we could have talked for hours. But I'm thankful, in more ways that I'll ever be able to say, for those few hours we had! I miss those talks and special moments and cherish the time I do get with them! Andrew & I decided to skip our annual dinner out and grab takeout before our Jesus Birthday Party. Little did we know that everyone in Cornelius closed Christmas Eve night, so we ended up with Panda Express takeout Chinese food. Which was surprisingly good!

Our night wrapped up with a quiet bedtime and party for baby Jesus with Hudson. I read him his Christmas Story book, which he at least acknowledged me doing this year. Once he was in bed Santa visited and delivered his wagon, race car rug and travel DVD player and essentials... baby toothbrush, undershirts, etc.



After waking up Hudson was kind of scared to walk into the living room. (I think my excitement startled him. haha)  But after guiding him into the room he realized he had gifts to open. However he didn't make it past the wagon. We should have just hid the other gifts and waited to open them later since he was only interested in the wagon. But that's ok.

So over the river and through the snowy woods we traveled. First to Andrew's Mom's for lunch then to my parents in Lincolnton for an early dinner.... Yes we were stuffed! By Christmas night Lincolnton had at least 5 inches of snow. Andrew and I made a snowman with my brother Kyle and a huge batch of snow cream. It was perfect to go with our apple pie.


We waited until the next morning to take Hudson out into the snow. The excitement on his face was priceless, until his first step.... face plant. Much to my surprise he didn't cry. Just an aggravated grunt and popped right up. A few minutes out in the snow was enough....


We had a wonderful holiday and now tonight we wrap up 2010 with a restful night and  a quiet house.
I am thankful so for much but most of all the peace of mind I have at night when I lay down to sleep.
Happy New Year


No comments:

Post a Comment