Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Devotion? Or Straight Up SIGN

In the morning while all is still quiet in the house I try to visit Joyce Meyer's devotional website. Some mornings I feel like not only was it written for me, and directly to me, but sometimes it feels like God is trying to literally shake me and tell me something straight to my face.

This morning the devotion focused on keeping peace in your household and maintaining a positive attitude and a positive life. It's very easy to be drawn in to negativity. I want to focus 2011 on "simplifying" my life. I want to get rid of the unnecessary things. I started my simplifying journey a few months ago and I feel like I'm on the right path. But sometimes I get derailed.... This morning when I read:

You need to do whatever you can to maintain peace in your home because it dramatically affects the anointing and power of God that rests on your life. Keep the strife out of your life! No peace, no power! Know peace, know power!

~ I knew I had to get back on track. So with 2010 ending I look forward to 2011 for many reasons. I want to be a better friend, and I want to be honest with myself. I know in my heart when negative aspects need to be "eliminated" but I always shy away from doing so. No more. I'm ready to Know Peace!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just LOVE the devotionals, especially when they consist of God straight-talking with you? I don't get to do devotionals alot, but I do enjoy my rides to work bc I ALWAYS make sure to catch "A Quick Word with Beth Moore" on the radio. I am also reading "Having a Mary Spirit." It deals with our overwhelming schedules and lives, and gets us to a place of intimacy with God that is beyond amazing. LOVE the new blog!!! Now I get to know what goes on with my favorite little munchkin!!

    ReplyDelete