I haven't written a blog in a while and figured I should check in. Not much is really going on. Hudson's antibiotics finally kicked in and he's doing much better. Last weekend we enjoyed a trip to the Strawberry Festival and a quiet Mother's Day. I'm such a sucker for any kind of festival and it's a good excuse to taste all of the yummy foods that come along with southern festivals.
We've had a lot going on lately, but mostly work and normal everyday things. These past few weeks at work have been so fun but exhausting. Our senior class had their Prom last week, Senior Prank was Monday (Let's just say my desk was covered in balloons and probably 200 PostIt Notes) Senior photos were yesterday and yearbooks were passed out as well as all community service hours were due yesterday. At the school I work at each student is responsible for serving in their community a required amount each year. The kids take it pretty serious and look forward to tallying their hours. Which means spreadsheet mania for me! :) LoL. So after a wild week last night I had a little girl's night out with a friend and I ordered the most amazing sushi. Well I say sushi, but I don't like seafood, so I always use the "Create Your Own Roll" special at Eez in Birkdale. I ordered the tempura (fried) zucchini, carrots, avocado and cream cheese with white rice but rolled in soy paper, not seaweed. I'm not a big fan of the seaweed that's used in sushi. But if this counts as sushi, I LOVE IT. I'm already begging Andrew go to there again soon. With lots of laughs and a good glass of wine, and then topping it off with Kilwin's Blue Moon ice cream, I would say it was a success!
This weekend really doesn't have "blog worthy" news... just a trip to the grocery store and laundry. That is usually my normal weekends. So I won't bore you with those details. *Haha* However I know one avid blog reader of mine will appreciate this side note of my everyday life ;)
~ Cheers for now ~

No comments:
Post a Comment