We had a blast in Charleston this past weekend. And honestly, I didn't want to leave! I loved the charming architecture of the homes and buildings and when you add amazing food in with beautiful scenery it's even better. We mixed up our days between downtown and the beach.
Our favorite restaurants are pretty much summed up by "all of them." Food is one of my best friends and my worst enemies. I love almost everything, except seafood. So I'm sure you're already asking yourself what in the world did I eat in Charleston. The first day I didn't branch out that much. We found this cute BBQ place on King Street called Jim N Nick's. It was mouth watering before you even walked in the door. I ordered the Southern Salad which was a huge salad topped with caramelized walnuts, bacon and chopped BBQ. Amazing! To say the least. Also on Day 1 we went out to Isle of Palms, which is now my favorite beach. It had everything we wanted right on the block where we set up our umberella and chairs. I walked across the street for a quick lunch to bring back to the beach. Hudson had such a blast. It was his "official" first trip into the ocean... and went straight in! Every wave that passed he felt the need to say "More, More" ~
On day 2 we headed out to Folly Beach and tried out the Folly Beach Shrimp Co. We both decided to branch out and I ordered the grilled crab cake topped with a huge fried green tomato, Andrew ordered the Mahi sandwich. Both were delicious!
Hudson was exhausted from his morning on the beach and decided to nap through this amazing lunch.
By dinner time we were downtown shopping and site seeing. There are so many beautiful homes and parks in Charleston. I couldn't pick my favorite. We did decide to make a few adjustments to our house plan though after seeing a few specific character elements on front porches!
I can't wait to get back to Charleston and spend more time. I feel like there are so many little corners and cafes to explore. We wish we would have had more time to do tours. I would like to take a trip down dedicated to touring the mansions and churches.
AND MORE ANTIQUE SHOPS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment