Monday, June 27, 2011

Here Comes the 4th of July..... (Hum the tune)

I'm so excited for the next few weeks of events! We leave Thursday for our Charleston mini-vacation. I'll take plenty of photos and blog about our adventures. I just have to post this tonight....



Look guys... NO SHOE LACES! We finally did it. Tonight I worked with him for 30 minutes (No kidding) to put on these plaid Gymboree slide on shoes. Slowly we'll work our way to sandals. But for now I'm thrilled. It may seem like a small victory. But when it's a daily battle, with "owwie Mommy" and "NO" it starts to become a big battle.

We will be back from Charleston in time to celebrate the 4th of July at home. I'm starting to really enjoy party planning and event planning. So for the 4th I'm super excited about my cupcake recipe.


Aren't these precious!
I plan on using lemon flavored cake with cream cheese icing. Yellow and White jelly beans may be difficult to find this time of year though. And to top it off a Lemon Starburst for the "pad of butter."

Hopefully they will turn out as beautiful as the picture! We'll see. I'm also starting to plan Hudson's birthday party, for October. Ha, yes I'm a little a head of the game. I'm working on a nautical themed party at our marina's club house. Hopefully it will come together perfectly!

The month of July is full of parties and celebrations. From our 6th wedding anniversary, baby showers to wedding showers... Every weekend is booked until the end of August. But that's one of the things I love most about summer!


1 comment:

  1. Some Super Targets carry the jelly beans buy color/flavor in those bins that allow you to fill your own bag. I believe the one by Northlake does. I know it used to. I can't wait to see how these turn out for you. I've been eyeing these cupcakes for a while now, but have been waiting for the perfect time to make a corn on the cob cupcake.
    PS... Congrats on the shoes. The smallest things are victories with our kiddos.

    ReplyDelete