The time has arrived.... the day I have dreaded, and worried about. Not out of fear, but out of taking another "Growing Up" step. We bought.... a potty!
Friday while at Target we decided to not only purchase Hudson's first potty training chair, but also discussed buying guard rails for his big boy bed. I didn't really think about how challenging this was about to be, until I opened the box and showed Hudson his new potty. I have tried explaining it to him but I'm not sure he is grasping that he actually has to sit on it. How in the world do we do this? Do we start standing, sitting? I'm clueless and feel like I need a "Dummies Guide To..." booklet!
While we journey into this new world of potty trainging I decided why not do it all at once. So last night Hudson slept in his "Big Boy" Full size bed for the first time and he loved it! We tucked him in with pillows surrounding him and all of his stuffed animals. He was so excited and had a hard time falling asleep. Once he was asleep I snuck back in and moved the video monitor so we could watch him. During the night I noticed him laying sideways and upside down, but woke to find him on his pillow with Winnie The Pooh in his arm. Precious! Simply precious. He was so happy and full of energy this morning!
Now if I could just figure out a way to win this shoe battle we've had lately I would be impressed with myself!

Tristan goes to the potty sitting down. I can't deal with him hosing down my bathroom walls with pee when he decides he wants to use the potty. I scrapped the little potty and he uses the adult one because that is what they use at day car and they sit on it backwards. (I just did this for consistency on his part.) We haven't gone in to full fledged training mode just yet. That is coming next month when he is out of daycare and mom has him so I know that the training will be consistent at home and when I am at work. He's not digging the underwear though, so I don't know who well this is gonna go. Good luck to you guys.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I'll send happy potty vibes your way. It will teach you patience, for sure, but hang in there!
ReplyDelete