Friday, January 27, 2012

Jumping through January

January is flying by and we are staying very busy! We chose a builder, finalized our plans and we are now picking everything out.... from wall colors to cabinet pulls. Everyone wished us luck when we started this process but the one thing that sticks out in my mind was the quote from our architect once our plan was finished. He told us "Good luck with your building process, and through the entire thing remember to pray to God to give your marriage strength during this time" we thought he was kidding --- but I now see why he said this!! This process tests every bit of patience and communication you can face as a couple. It took us weeks to agree on windows and how we did that I have NO clue. But now that the design hurdles are over we can sit back and laugh at how funny those restless nights were. I never imagined that grids in a window or mortar color could make you rethink everything you had picked out over the past few months.

Hopefully this is our final few weeks of design and the loan application process. Ground breaking will be in February, hopefully.

Other than the house we've just been enjoying the good times --- family nights out, fun times with friends and the dreaded stomach flu (which I vaguely remember telling the doctor at urgent care this is the worst pain of my life.... and I've had a child!) LoL (Just as a side note I had an extremely easy delivery and am very thankful!) I'm pretty sure that urgent care center will never forget our poor little family. As I lay passed out on the bed from dehydration and Andrew lay in the floor in pain we rest assured that our sweet boy at was his Nana's sleeping sweetly!
But enough about those "fun" few days ~ ;)

I've had a few stressful days at work this week and of course Joyce Meyer decided to tell it to me straight this morning.... so I leave you on this note.


Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. —Psalm 46:10



No comments:

Post a Comment