I LOVED New Orleans. The history of this city is amazing. The old homes on St. Charles Ave. are unbelievable. And the food.... my goodness the food!
Friday as soon as we landed we headed to Bourbon Street. Lunch consisted of a Catfish Po'Boy and Sausage Gumbo, with sweet tea of course! After the rehearsal dinner festivities Friday night at the House of Blues we headed to Harrah's to waste money have fun at the tables.
Saturday was such a "non-Heather" day. Nothing was planned! Andrew and I started off with a huge southern breakfast, which I didn't take a photo of because it was gone before I realized I needed one! Then we struck out on tours. We started with a horse drawn historical tour of downtown and the French Quarter. And followed it up with a private tour of the St. Louis Cathedral and a 2 hour *air conditioned* city tour. The 2 hour tour focused on Hurricane Katrina and it took us to each levee that broke. It's amazing how much devastation was done, and how much work is still to be done. We were able to view the "Make It Right" project ~ Brad Pitt's Eco-friendly homes that are being built in the lower 9th ward. This trip truly can put a lot of things in perspective for anyone!
After a nap and an delicious dinner of fried catfish and New Orleans salsa we went to one of the most beautiful wedding receptions I've been to. Our friends Taylor and Courtney were married Saturday and we celebrated all night with some amazing friends.
This was truly a trip I'll never forget!

No comments:
Post a Comment