Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sick..... Nope. Just sick of cleaning!

So Saturday I woke up with rare determination to clean my entire house. Andrew had to work in Mooresville so I began in the living room with dusting, sweeping, mopping 3 times and even hand scrubbing the baseboards! (I can't stand the little fuzzies that collect there) After making my way into the kitchen and bathrooms I started to feel the exhaustion. However I fought through it, with the help of a pot of coffee, and finished vacuuming and 3 loads of laundry. All while Hudson sat on the couch! He is scared to death of the mop and vacuum!! Lucky for me, for now!

The house looked amazing. Spotless.... no crumbs, no dust and not even a speck of dirt under (or behind) the couch! Then I woke up this morning in extreme pain. At first I thought I had the flu. My back was throbbing and my throat was on fire! However, then I realized I had over done the cleaning supplies and mopping/sweeping/scrubbing. I'm starting to feel a little better, and thankful it's not the flu. However, now I'm on the hunt for  "friendlier" cleaning supplies!!





2 comments:

  1. The best thing I have found to clean my tubs and shower and sinks is Oxy Clean (the powder formula, it's with the laundry detergents) and regular dish soap. It works SOOOOO MUCH better than anything I have ever used. I also use baking soda to clean the glass on my toaster oven and it works like a charm. I gave up the heavy chemical stuff last year. I couldn't stand it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know!! Thanks! I just can't stand it anymore.... I give up and I tossed all chemicals today!

    ReplyDelete